The largest event of its kind in the Mekong Region. It is a major, regional knowledge-sharing event, interfacing knowledge producers with knowledge users.
The 2016 Greater Mekong Forum on Water, Food and Energy has announced to be held on November 9th – 11th, 2016 at Prince Palace Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand. The forum this year will be implemented by CGIAR Research Program on Water, Land and Ecosystems, and is co-hosted by:
The Centre for Social Development Studies, Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand;
The Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
And others to be announced.
The purpose of the forum is:
- Improved water-related discussions between often stakeholders with differing interests.
- Well-managed and informal discussions on difficult and controversial water-related discussions.
- Cross-regional learning on nexus-related issues, and networking.
- Interfacing research-based solutions with a non-technical public, policy-makers and the private sector.
- Providing would-be users with an opportunity to deliberate and query potential solutions.
The Forum welcomes:
Solutions. Active listening. Constructive criticism. Curiosity.
Diplomacy. Diversity. Empathy. Energy. Humour. Intelligence.
Mutual Respect. Open-mindedness. Patience. Query.
For more information, please visit the official website HERE